It’s expected that more than 10K software engineers, data scientists, business intelligence analysts, and DevOps engineers will virtually attend the Airflow Summit 2021 (July 8th-16th). The stats speak for themselves, with the almost doubled number of talk submissions this year, we’re excited to see how the Airflow Summit will play out this time!
The talks will cover best practices for Apache Airflow usage and deployment, use cases, integrations with Apache Airflow, and lessons learned from some of the biggest players in data.
Astronomer is the proud sponsor and co-organizer along with Google, Amazon, Databand, Apache Software Foundation, and others! The event is community-driven, promoting all the contributions, user stories, and non-code engagement. Striving for diversity, we’re happy to be a part of this great conference connecting data developers, data scientists, DevOps, and all the data-driven enthusiasts!
Agenda Sneak Peek
- What comes after Apache Airflow 2.0? The best people to answer that will be Ash Berlin-Taylor and Aizhamal Nurmamat kyzy, the keynote speakers!
- Asking yourself how to upgrade to Airflow 2.0? The ideal path will be presented by Kaxil Naik, one of the top committers of the Airflow Project.
- Curious about productionizing ML Pipelines with Airflow, Kedro, and Great Expectations? Dive into the subject with Kenten Danas.
- Want to know how is Apache Airflow run at Wise – a fin-tech company with over 100 data scientists, developers and engineers involved? The story will be shared by Alexandra Abass.
And that’s just the beginning! For more, check out the Airflow Summit agenda!
What Are the Top Reasons for Attending the Airflow Summit 2021?
- You will get a unique opportunity to witness the entire data-driven community all around the world showcasing their Airflow journey and uncovering the high-level usage of Airflow.
- You will join the crowd of the most dynamic organizations from all around the world putting data in motion thanks to Apache Airflow (last year we’ve seen use cases of Airbnb, PayPal, Société Générale, Pinterest, Lyft and more).
- You will be ready to lead the charge and stay at the forefront of data management – this event is centered around the latest trends and solutions, continuous innovation in the making!
- You will enjoy deep technical dives, use cases, and panel discussion with the practitioners, Airflow Committers, and data scientists from all around the world!
- You will be networking with Airflow enthusiasts spanned across the industries. Who knows what opportunities it may bring and what talents you may find?
Behind the Scenes
To give you a little taste of the event, we’ve asked our Team what are their expectations:
Kaxil Naik, Manager of Airflow Engineering at Astronomer, Airflow PMC member & Committer, and a Member of the Airflow Summit Program Committee
This year we have a week-long event with three hours of content each day. It’s super user-friendly and we did it to provide the attendees with the best experience possible. The conference will be hosted by local meetups from different parts of the world: Bay Area, Warsaw, London, Bangalore, Tokyo, Melbourne, Tel-Aviv.
Ry Walker, Founder & CTO at Astronomer, Apache Airflow Committer and the Member of the Airflow Summit Sponsorship Committee
Airflow is at the center of many modern data platforms and that means it needs to work well with a lot of other tools. Hence our idea that the Airflow Summit 2021 should focus not only on Airflow but the whole ecosystem around it.
Ash Berlin-Taylor, Director of Airflow Engineering at Astronomer, Airflow PMC Member & Committer
Last year I was blown away by just how big the summit was for the first time we ran it. It just shows the strength of the community. This year we want to make it as diverse as possible so if you feel like you want to speak at the event, reach out!
Kenten Danas - Field Engineer at Astronomer
Airflow Summit is unique because of the community behind it. I can’t think of another conference that has just such a huge base and such sort of a wide range of people using this tool in so many different ways. Seeing everybody coming together from all these different backgrounds is incredible. Every single week I hear a new use case for how Airflow is used in business. And that’s always a discovery! Different industries, different needs, different teams but all using Airflow daily.
Andrew Ettinger - Chief Revenue Officer at Astronomer.
The Airflow Summit is just an amazing global collection of thought leaders in the airflow industry that are practitioners, users, and representatives of the ecosystem, trying to drive advancements in the entire data engineering, data management, and data analytics life cycle.
To participate, listen, learn, and network with your peers across the globe to help drive data to new levels, join the next Airflow Summit edition!