- What is a sensor? A reminder
- Use cases
- Sensor types
- Implementing a sensor + best practices
- Smart sensors
1. What is a sensor?
A sensor is a kind of operator waiting for something to happen before moving to the next task. How a sensor works:
- Checks if a given condition is true
- If it is true - then the next task is being executed
- Otherwise - it will wait for a time interval you have defined and check the condition again
It’s crucial if, for example, you’re waiting for a file or SQL entry.