- Kenten Danas Lead Developer Advocate
- Manmeet Kaur Rangoola Field Engineer
Operators are the building blocks of Airflow; they’re like a wrapper around each task that defines the work that task will do. While the Airflow community has written hundreds of specific operators, sometimes a user will need to make changes to an operator to suit a use case. Understanding the anatomy of an operator — how an operator functions as code — is crucial for leveraging Airflow’s extensibility and customizability.
In this webinar, we’ll look under the hood, covering everything you need to know about operators to tailor them for your use cases, including:
- How operators work, starting with the BaseOperator and methods that every operator is built on.
- How hooks are used in operators, including how to access hook methods that aren’t readily exposed.
- How to extend or customize an operator.
- How to implement custom callbacks using pre- and post-execute methods.