What are Airflow Secrets?
Secrets are sensitive information that are used as part of your DAG.
Types of Secrets:
- Variables are a generic way to store and retrieve arbitrary content or settings as a simple key value store within Airflow.
- Connections are information needed to connect to external systems. Must be stored in the format of a URL-encoded URI.
- Configurations are Airflow Configurations that can be stored in your secrets backends.
Where are all the Secrets?
- Simple and easy to use, difficult to maintain.
- No encryption built in.
- Cannot access them from UI or the Airflow CLI.
- Using them from Kubernetes secrets is safer.
- Lives and dies with your Airflow deployment or its configuration.