This guide describes the process to install Astronomer on Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Are you admin-y enough to do this alone?
You will need to be able to:
- Obtain a wildcard SSL certificate
- Edit your DNS records
- Create resources on Google Cloud Platform (GKE admin permission)
- Install/run Kubernetes command line tools to your machine
Before running the Astronomer install command you must:
- Select a base domain
- Get your machine setup with needed dev tools
- Setup GCP
- Get a Postgres server running
- Obtain SSL
- Setup DNS
- Install Helm and Tiller
- Set a few Kubernetes secrets
- Create Google OAuth Creds
- Build your config.yaml
You're ready to go!
$ helm install -f config.yaml . --namespace astronomer
Click the link in the output notes to log in to the Astronomer app.
Feel free to check out our video walkthrough of the Install below: