This guide describes the prerequisite steps to install Astronomer on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Are you devops-y enough to do this alone?
You will need to be able to:
- Obtain a wildcard SSL certificate
- Edit your DNS records
- Create resources on AWS
- Install/run Kubernetes command line tools to your machine
Before running the Astronomer install command you must:
- Set up an EKS cluster
- Select a base domain
- Get your machine setup with needed dev tools
- Create a stateful storage set
- Get a Postgres server running
- Obtain SSL
- Install Helm and Tiller
- Set a few Kubernetes secrets
- Build your config.yaml
You're ready to go!
helm install -f config.yaml . --namespace astronomer
Your final step is to setup your DNS to route traffic to your airflow resources following these steps.
Click the link in the output notes to log in to the Astronomer app.