As of Astronomer v0.8, the Astronomer UI allows you to look up and search Airflow logs emitted by your Webserver, Scheduler and Worker(s) for any deployment you have access to.
We've designed this view to give you access to deployment level logs that will help you monitor the health of your deployment's Airflow components (Webserver, Scheduler, Worker).
A few use cases:
- See your Scheduler, Webserver, and Workers all restart after you push
astro airflow deploy
- If your Airflow UI is not loading as expected - is your Webserver in a CrashLoop?
- How quickly is your Scheduler queuing up tasks?
- Is your Celery worker behaving unexpectedly?
Note: These are not task-level logs that you'd find in the Airflow Web UI. Logs on Astronomer are not a replacement for task-level logging in the Airflow UI.
To view logs on Astronomer, you'll need:
- An account on Astronomer Cloud OR access to an Astronomer Enterprise Installation
- An Airflow deployment on Astronomer
To view Airflow logs, log into Astronomer and navigate to: Deployment > Logs.
In the dropdown on the top-right, you'll see a button where you can toggle between logs for your:
- Workers (if applicable)
Filter by Time/Date
As you manage logs, you can filter by:
- Past 5 minutes
- Past hour
- All time
To adjust this filter, toggle the top right menu.
On Astronomer, you can search for logs with a text string on the top left.
For guidelines on how to tail logs locally via the CLI, check out this doc.