Field Engineer - Commercial
Pre-Sales | Full-time, Remote
Astronomer is the commercial developer of Apache Airflow, a community-driven open-source tool that’s leading the market in data orchestration. We’re a globally-distributed and rapidly growing venture-backed team of learners, innovators and collaborators. Our mission is to build an Enterprise-grade product that makes it easy for data teams at Fortune 500’s and startups alike to adopt Apache Airflow. As a member of our team, you will be at the forefront of the industry as we strive to make Apache Airflow the de-facto standard in data orchestration.
As a Field Engineer, you will work directly with some of the most cutting edge companies in the world around their data services. You will help organizations build, run, and observe a Data Engineering platform following best practices to meet their needs with Astronomer Airflow as the heart of their data platform.
You'll work with strategic accounts and play a key role in driving the business forward. You'll be a trusted advisor and help architect solutions across all types of environments and use cases. Last but not least, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with the Apache Airflow project, a thriving open source community with over 1000 contributors. Every Field Engineer at Astronomer will grow to become an Airflow expert and be a trusted advisor to organizations looking to put their data in motion.
- Implement proof of concepts and strategic deliverables for some of our most exciting customers
- Give demos of deep technical concepts related to the Astronomer platform to engineering teams
- Become a subject matter expert on the competitive landscape of workflow orchestration
- Help create and maintain artifacts around Astronomer’s “why”, “what” and “how”
- Work cross functionally within the organization to create and maintain deep technical content for the larger Apache Airflow community
- Act as a liaison, collecting feedback from the field to relay back to the Product team
- Become an Airflow expert
A Strong Candidate:
- 2+ years experience with Apache Airflow and data engineering in a production environment
- 2+ years experience as a Sales or Solutions Engineer in the Data space, bonus for Open Source Experience
- Has been responsible for supporting data pipelining needs of users within their organization including writing Python, creating DAGs and possibly building tools to make this easier for other users
- Has proficiency with modern data engineering tools (DBT, Snowflake, Databricks, Bigquery etc.)
- Empathetic and leans towards giving those around them the benefit of the doubt
- A strong verbal and written communicator
- Has a knack for breaking down complex technical concepts into digestible tid-bits
- Eager to get in the weeds of a technical challenge
- Great at thinking on their feet - they will often be working directly with customers in complex enterprise environments
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Astronomer is a remote-first company.Apply Now