Director of Social Media
Marketing | Full-time, Remote
Astronomer is the commercial developer of Apache Airflow, a community-driven open-source tool that’s leading the market in data orchestration. We’re a globally-distributed and rapidly growing venture-backed team of learners, innovators and collaborators. Our mission is to build an Enterprise-grade product that makes it easy for data teams at Fortune 500’s and startups alike to adopt Apache Airflow. As a member of our team, you will be at the forefront of the industry as we strive to make Apache Airflow the de-facto standard in data orchestration.
We’re looking for a passionate, motivated, talented Director of Social Media to join our Marketing team. You will own our social strategy and growth across all channels, and help drive awareness to our product and brand through our social program.
What you get to do
- Develop growth strategy for social media channels
- Create and execute campaigns around content, webinars, events, and company news to drive inbound leads, engagement, and brand awareness
- Draft and edit social copy, and maintain social calendars across all channels
- Analyze and report on social channel performance and quantify the effectiveness of campaigns
- Experiment with new types of campaigns and report on their effectiveness and scalability
- Engage with and grow our social communities through retweeting, sharing, and commenting.
- Monitor conversations across channels for engagement opportunities
- Partner with the Demand Gen team to ensure alignment on campaigns, content, and strategy
- Collaborate with the Writing, Video, Graphic Design, and Events teams to ensure alignment and ideate / launch new social campaigns and opportunities
- Partner with social media / communications / marketing staff at partner companies and other influencers in our space to amplify our message
What you bring to the role
- 4+ years experience managing social media activities and strategy for a tech company or in a similar corporate setting
- Exceptional writing, editing, and data analytics skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency in social media management platforms such as Sprout
Bonus points if you have (but we can teach you if you don't)
- People management skills
- Familiarity with Apache Airflow, open-source technologies, developer tooling, the data orchestration space
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Astronomer is a remote-first company.Apply Now