Senior Front-end Engineer | Data Observability
Engineering | Full-time
Astronomer is the commercial developer of Apache Airflow, a community-driven open-source tool that’s leading the market in data orchestration. We’re a globally-distributed and rapidly growing venture-backed team of learners, innovators and collaborators. Our mission is to build an Enterprise-grade product that makes it easy for data teams at Fortune 500’s and startups alike to adopt Apache Airflow. As a member of our team, you will be at the forefront of the industry as we strive to make Apache Airflow the de-facto standard in data orchestration.
We are looking for a Front-end Engineer with data visualization experience to make data lineage easy to understand and navigate. The right candidate enjoys understanding what makes users’ lives easier and loves shipping features for immediate customer use. You will own features of our SaaS product from conception to production. Collaborating as part of a team of engineers of different backgrounds and designers, you’ll iterate on new products based on customer feedback. Your primary focus will be on developing user interfaces and data lineage visualizations. Collaborative problem solving, flexibility, pragmatism, and a focus on quality are highly valued. You’ll be setting the stage for how we build UI for years to come and will substantially impact the future direction and success of the company.
What you get to do
- Own and deliver frontend features for our product. In particular, visualization of large lineage graphs and metadata as they evolve over time and analysis of impact of changes across the lineage graph.
- Contribute to the open source community.
- Collaborate with other team members to find coherent solutions.
- Set the engineering standards for frontend development.
- Ensure we follow the lean startup principles of building our product incrementally and measure the value that our customers get from our product to make better decisions.
- Have a critical opinion on design.
What you bring to the role
- Familiarity with D3.js, data visualization, and graph based data structures and algorithms.
- Understanding of React/Redux or similar frameworks.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of client side testing methodologies and best practicesExperience with common front-end development build tools such as Babel, Webpack, and yarn, etc.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git and GitHub.
- Collaborative, used to receive and deliver constructive feedback.
- Experience with building products incrementally.
Bonus if you have
- Open source contributions.
- Familiarity with the data ecosystem.
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Astronomer is a remote-first company.Apply Now