Customer Success Manager
Customer Success | Full-time, Remote
Astronomer is the commercial developer of Apache Airflow, a community-driven open-source tool that’s leading the market in data orchestration. We’re a globally-distributed and rapidly growing venture-backed team of learners, innovators and collaborators. Our mission is to build an Enterprise-grade product that makes it easy for data teams at Fortune 500’s and startups alike to adopt Apache Airflow. As a member of our team, you will be at the forefront of the industry as we strive to make Apache Airflow the de-facto standard in data orchestration.
Astronomer is looking for a Customer Success Manager to own a portfolio of customer accounts
and drive greater business value for them by bringing Astronomer’s best ideas, innovations, and
capabilities to those customers. Key to this role is being able to articulate value and both inspire
and align Astronomer’s data orchestration capabilities with the customer’s strategic business
goals. An Astronomer CSM responsibilities include engaging customers post-sale, building
customer satisfaction and retention, and helping customers as they maximize value from their
Astronomer investment. In this role you will have a significant opportunity to craft the customer
journey, identify opportunities and be the voice of your customers.
- Own the overall relationship with assigned clients, which includes: Onboarding new customers, increasing adoption, ensuring retention, identifying upsell potential, and driving customer satisfaction.
- Develop and execute customer success plans and tracking and reporting on key metrics for customer adoption and success.
- Manage customers through initial launch of use cases on Astronomer platform and beyond
- Work with customer teams to build and enhance their Astronomer skillsets.
- Assist customers with identifying and defining use cases for Astronomer products.
- Develop and nurture customers to become strong advocates on behalf of Astronomer.
- Effectively address customer satisfaction and manage a diverse set of issues until resolved. This will include coordinating internal resources that interact with each customer.
- Identify up sell and growth opportunities and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment
- Provide regular customer status updates to the Astronomer Leadership Team, including high-risk customers and customers with high upsell potential.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with customers and develop them into reference customers.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction by surveying customers and adjusting to increase customer satisfaction based on their feedback.
- Document the findings from customer interactions and communicate them to various teams inside Astronomer.
- Flexibility to travel on occasion to see customers or attend internal meetings. (<10%)
A Strong Candidate is:
- 3+ years experience in Customer Success or Account Management, professional services, delivery manager, technical account management.
- Eager to help customers solve problems and succeed in making Airflow the de-facto standard in data orchestration
- Experience in the relevant products in the market such as Cloudera, Databricks, AWS, Azure, Google Platform, Tableau, SAS, ETL technologies or other Analytics Solutions, Apache Airflow, python, SQL, Docker, kubernetes.
- Proven ability to drive continuous value of product(s)
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Escalation Management and development of go-to-green plan.
- Experience working with a technical customer base, understanding corporate IT projects and processes.
- A quantitative approach to understanding, measuring, and forecasting Customer behavior and revenue.
- Strong collaborative nature and commitment to quality.
- Desire to learn, generally curious, and excitement to make customers happy.
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Astronomer is a remote-first company.Apply Now